Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Social Media--to pursue or not?

http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2012/05/02/book-marketing-giving-up-social-media/

Principle #2 – “Go where people already gather, rather than gather a crowd around yourself.”
According to Shiv Singh, social media guru for PepsiCo,
“The holy grail of social influence marketing is increasingly considered the ability to identify which referent influencers are the most powerful and have the highest impact on brand affinity and purchasing decisions. After you’ve identified them, the next question is, how does a marketer reach these referent influencers that surround their customers?”
Applying this principle to marketing my personal finance book, Enjoy Your Money!, I found the top 200 personal finance blogs and offered free copies to the bloggers for their review. Almost one in four asked for a copy. Eighteen came through with a review and/or giveaway. It was both cost and time effective. My sales tripled and I didn’t have to keep posting several times a week on my blog. Instead, I went into seclusion to write my next book

click on the link to read all of the principles..

No comments:

Post a Comment