Monday, September 19, 2011

J T Ellison News!


all 2011 Vol. X
Where All the Dead Lie is almost here!

Taylor Jackson #7 on sale tomorrow, September 20!

Dear Friends,
I can't believe it's that time again. But it is - release day is upon us! Where All the Dead Lie will be in stores September 20, and available on your ereaders October 1. The book has gotten some unbelievably cool endorsements from some of my favorite authors: Lisa Gardner, Carla Neggers and Heather Graham, an awesome review from PW and a coveted Top Pick from Romantic Times. The momentum is building, so please, take a moment and order your copy today. The first week of any book's life is incredibly important.

Dead Lie is a different sort of book from my previous six Taylor Jackson novels. For one - Taylor is having some emotional and physical problems as a result of the "situation" from the previous book. She is trapped in silence, unable to work, and growing more frustrated by the day. When Memphis Highsmythe offers his ancestral home in the Scottish Highlands for her to recuperate, she jumps at the chance to get away from Nashville, from Baldwin, from her perceived failures.

But the lonely castle on the moors has its own secrets, and Taylor's already fragile state is exacerbated by the creepy solitude. Is she being haunted by the dead... or hunted by the living?

Where All the Dead Lie was inspired by Daphne du Maurier's classic Gothic Rebecca. I hope you'll enjoy seeing Taylor's more human side. Because even heroes can lose their minds. And writing a book set in the Scottish Highlands was truly a joy, especially since I'm a Wallace on my mother's side! Pro Libertate!

Buy your copy of Where All the Dead Lie today!

Contest!

I thought we'd do something different this time around. Since this book is, at its heart, a ghost story, I thought it might be fun for you to share your own personal brush with a ghost, or share your favorite ghostly story. To enter, all you have to do is click here and leave your ghoulish tale. On October 1, release day for the ebook version, I will announce the winners.

At stake -
2 copies of the fabulous DVD CASTLE GHOSTS OF SCOTLAND
3 $25 giftcards to the winners' choice of bookstore
5 copies of Daphne du Maurier's REBECCA
and signed bookplates to all entries.
Winners will be drawn at random from the comments - all save 1.
GRAND PRIZEThe creepiest, scariest, spookiest tale will be my Halloween gift to my readers - with your permission and byline, of course. I'll send it to all of my newsletter list and post it on my blog, Facebook and Twitter. Word limit is 1500 or less. 

My editor and I will do the judging, so make it good!

On the Road Again... 
I'm doing a few signings for WHERE ALL THE DEAD LIE - including several in Nashville. The official launch party is at Mysteries & More in Lenox Village, Saturday September 24 from 2-4 pm. I've heard a reliable rumor that there will be cake, so I hope you'll come help me celebrate. Tuesday September 27, 7-8pm I'll be at the Barnes & Noble in Cool Springs, and Friday September 30 7-9 I'll head west of town to one of my home stores, Reading Rock Books in Dickson. We always have a fun time in Dickson, so if you're anywhere west of Nashville, come by and play with us.

For more tour dates, click here. Just FYI - I've moved my appearances tab to the front page of the site, on the bottom right.

I know many of you won't be able to make the tour stops - unless you're planning to come to Tennessee this week. So if you're buying an ebook, or out of town, but want your book personalized, click hereKindlegraph will allow me to digitally sign your books, even if you don't have an ereader!

An Award!

On July 9, in stunning New York City, I had the shock of my life when THE COLD ROOM received the prestigious Thriller Award for Best Paperback Original of 2010 from the International Thriller Writers. I can't begin to share how honored I am to be singled out - the fact that it is a peer award makes it even more special. I did manage to contract a whopping case of laryngitis (hysterical dysphonia anyone?) prior to the event, so was only able to squawk my thanks in my acceptance speech. But it was a true watershed moment for me, and I can't say thank you enough to ITW, and all of you, for inspiring me, and allowing me into your minds and lives. It means the world.

More Changes on  the Website - and a new look for the continuing

The website has become a dynamic beast, and I'm trying to keep up with the times style-wise while also continuingrinuing to deliver the kind of content you, the readers, care about. You'll see that things have been streamlined, condensed, and made pretty - plus, I'm spending much more time on the blog, Tao of JT. I'm posting there nearly every day - things that tickled me, thoughts on writing - all the zeitgeist that makes up my life. With the multitude of networks, social media ties and all the Internet noise we have to endure daily, I thought it would be nice to have a quiet place for us to talk. So feel free to stop by, ask questions, give me what for - whatever you're in the mood for.

I've also begun working with Odyl, a fantastic internet marketing company, who have designed my new Facebook page. There are treats galore to be had - we're talking sneak peeks, polls, presents, free stuff -  the full monty, so be sure to come on over andLIKE the Fan Page to get all the goodies! If you already like the page, look for the Fun Extras! tab in the left column on the page.

Social Butterfly

If you're interested in having me speak in your store or library, or come chat with your bookclub either in person or virtually, please feel free to contact my publicist Tiffany Shiuor contact me directly. As always, you can find me in several places across the web, including my blog on the site - Tao of JT, on Twitter under the handle @thrillerchick, on my shiny new Facebook page, and Murderati every other Friday.

Thank you so much for all your support, and for reading the Taylor Jackson series. I hope this newest installment spooks you!

xoxo,

You are receiving this email because you opted-in at JTEllison.com, or signed up for a contest.  Forward to a friend

Unsubscribe | Update your profile

Our mailing address is:

JT Ellison
233 Broadway, Suite 1001
New YorkNew York 10279

Add us to your address book

Copyright (C) 2011
JT Ellison All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment